Senior Supplier Manager
Main purpose of role:
Manage and develop professional relationships and partnerships with third party suppliers of finished goods, materials and services to the company through the creation, development and application of modern alliance management practices. To act as an ambassador for the Company with the third-party supply community and ensure that a secure supply base for all products and services is created and continually improved. To develop focused supply strategies for products, supported with supply agreements / contracts and be able to offer advice and direction to colleagues and senior Specialists as required with regard to supply in support of the business both tactically and strategically.
- * Supplier Alliance strategy implementation
- * To build effective, professional relationships with selected suppliers.
- * To put in place and maintain a plan for each supplier encompassing day to day operational control, issues management, escalation routes and key milestones (such as contract negotiation or renegotiation; annual pricing reviews, visit plan etc.).
- * To be the point of escalation for any operational, commercial or contractual issue with the manufacturing partners; to agree a resolution plan for each issue and to ensure that this plan is carried out;
- * To lead resolution of situations that may arise with supplying partners who have issues with the Company which cannot be resolved elsewhere, and to work to a mutually-acceptable outcome.
- * To lead contract negotiations or renegotiations with each supplier based on the best outcome for the Company without damaging either the partner or the relationship.
- * To work with Supply Chain Management to ensure that supplier performance is monitored in an open and effective manner using appropriate KPIs.
- * To aim to achieve or surpass any targets on cost of goods that might be agreed.
- * To visit key suppliers, or to host visits by them to the Company, to an agreed timetable in order to fully review ongoing business, performance, improvement plans and future initiatives.
- * To keep appropriately detailed records of all matters pertaining to each supplier.
- * To maintain a supply risk profile by supplier to include a continuous improvement program to mitigate the identified risks.
- * To produce reports to an agreed timetable.
- * To develop and propose a medium and long-term supplier strategy.
- * Disseminate business intelligence within the Company that may be collected from the supply community.
* Any other tasks or responsibilities that may be designated at the discretion of the
Star Medical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.