We are a European specialist pharmaceutical company, established in 1906. We provide expertise and ‘know how’ in Europe to develop, manufacture and market products that offer real value to healthcare professionals, payers and patients.
Norgine’s approach and infrastructure is integrated and focused upon ensuring that Norgine wins partnership opportunities for growth.
Norgine is headquartered in the Netherlands and its global operations are based in Amsterdam and in Harefield, UK. Norgine owns an R&D site in Hengoed, Wales and two manufacturing sites, one in Hengoed, Wales and one in Dreux, France.
Overall, Norgine has sites and offices in the UK (Harefield and Hengoed), France (Rueil and Dreux), Germany (Marburg), Belgium (Heverlee), The Netherlands (Amsterdam), Nordics (Copenhagen), Switzerland (Muttenz), Austria (Vienna), Italy (Milan), Portugal (Lisbon) and Spain (Madrid). Outside Europe, Norgine has offices in Australia (Sydney) and New Zealand, Middle East and North Africa (Cairo) and South Africa (Johannesburg).
Norgine employs over 1,000 employees. We have demonstrated manufacturing, clinical development, medical, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, market access, sales and marketing expertise across Europe.
What we do
The development of innovative new products for the future is key for Norgine.
We have a long-standing expertise in developing products and also look to acquire research programmes from partners in Europe, the US and elsewhere who have complementary skills and a shared vision for improving healthcare.
Our efforts are focused on unmet needs in disease areas where we believe our skills and experience can make the most difference: gastroenterology, hepatology, critical and supportive care.
We have the core capabilities and skills to foster innovation and translate opportunities into proven advances for patients.
Norgine’s strong in-house development team combines the expertise of clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, medical affairs, and scientific publications functions with a ‘virtual’ network model for pre-clinical development.
- Agile and adaptable infrastructure to win and bring new product opportunities to markets in Europe
- Strong partnering track record
- One Norgine approach – think globally, act locally
- Single integrated business with a direct presence in all major European markets and coverage of the entire market
- Balanced business with no over-reliance on any single country
- Solid foundation for the launch of new late stage products
- Demonstrated manufacturing, clinical development, medical, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, market access and sales & marketing expertise across Europe
- Private company – celebrated its centenary in 2006