Star is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and adheres to their Code of Professional Practice. Star endeavours to provide you with the best possible service at all times. If you’d like to make any comments, suggestions, raise a query or make a complaint about the service you’ve received, please contact us using the details below, and we’ll respond to your query within 2 – 5 working days. We’ll review this policy annually to make sure it’s as effective as possible and reflects changes in the nature and the size of the business.
All recruitment consultants will be trained in customer service standards, will exhibit customer friendly service skills, and be knowledgeable, professional and courteous in meeting the needs of our customers.
All Star personnel will return all phone calls, emails received from clients and registered candidates, and applications in respect of specific vacancies within the agreed time scale. We’ll inform you as soon as possible if we’re unable to meet this agreement, and agree a new deadline.
As part of our commitment to upholding professional standards, we’ll review our policies annually to ensure that they continue to meet business needs, the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s Code of Professional Practice, and that they’re consistently applied to all our customers.
Star’s committed to providing a high quality service; if you’re not satisfied, please let us know so that where possible we may rectify and learn from situation.
Equality Opportunities and Diversity
Star’s committed to diversity for all employees, workers and applicants, and will seek to promote it at all times; we’ll strive to make sure our clients meet their own diversity targets too. Star wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender re-assignment, part time workers, religion or belief, or political views.
Every possible step will be taken to ensure that individuals are treated equally and fairly and that decisions relating to recruitment, selection, appraisal, terms and conditions of employment, training, promotion and career management are based solely on objective and job related criteria; furthermore, Star will not accept instructions from clients that indicate an intention to discriminate unlawfully.
Please write to HR Manager, Kate Hosker if you have a complaint:
Star Medical Limited
4 Kelso Place
Upper Bristol Road
- We’ll send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We’ll also let you know the name of the person who’ll be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 2-5 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We’ll record your complaint in our central register within a day of having received it.
- We’ll acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm next steps. You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within 2-5 days of your reply.
- We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our request
- We’ll then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you’ve provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply.
- Kate Hosker will then invite you to meet with her to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 5 days of the end of our investigation.
- Within 2 days of the meeting, Kate Hosker will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it’s not possible, Kate Hosker will send a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will do this within 5 days of completing her investigation.
We’ll then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
If after this process you’re still not satisfied you can write to Managing Director, Dave Faulkner who will review the previous decision within 10 days. We’ll let you know of the review’s outcome within 5 days of the review’s end. We’ll write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explain our reasons.
If you’re still not satisfied, you can contact the Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate at the Department for Business Enterprise & Regulatory Reform or the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to the Professional Standards Team, REC, 15 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9XT.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we’ll let you know and explain why. We comply fully with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal or confidential information held by us about a client or candidate is fully accessible to that person or body for review or editing; please contact Kate Hosker for further information using the contact details below.
We strive to reduce the burden of unnecessary paperwork wherever possible without compromising our legal requirements and professional stands.
Star Medical Limited
4 Kelso Place
Upper Bristol Road
T: 01225 336335