For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is ‘Star’.
The information Star collects and how it’s used
Information we hold about you may include your personal details, any material you have provided to Star such as your CV, references and examination certificates, and sensitive data relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, or convictions.
We use information held about you:
- To provide the services detailed on our site; the information you provide will be used to determine your suitability for employment by employers registered with Star. It may also be used to obtain legal advice or for conducting legal proceedings, complying with legal obligation, the prevention and detection of crime or fraud, and compliance with our legal requirements and for the proper conduct of our business.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in our site’s interactive features.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To provide you with information, vacancies or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
The information you supply including, where relevant, your sensitive personal data, may be disclosed to Star’s staff, and with your prior consent, agents and employers seeking candidates for employment. It’ll be disclosed to people to whom we may transfer rights and obligations in connection with our business, and to any organisations that provide a service to Star, and who have agreed to keep your information confidential.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Certain features on the website are only available if you enable the cookie. Star also uses a cookie to help us provide information that’s relevant to your interest.
You are free to decline Star’s cookies although that may impair certain features on the website.
Protecting your information
The internet is not a secure medium, but Star has various security procedures and strict policy rules in place to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorised and unlawful access and use.
Star’s security procedures and policies are to the highest standards and are continuously improved.
Notwithstanding the above, it should be noted that no system is entirely fool-proof and you should be careful when you reveal any confidential information to any third party.
We will use our best endeavours to ensure your data’s security, but shall have no liability for any loss or damage, including for access to data, caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material through use of the Services.
Disclosure of your information
Your details may be disclosed to Star’s advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers if Star and/or part of its business is sold or integrated with another business.
Star reserves the right to disclose your data (and you consent to such disclosure).
Updating your details
To update the information you’ve provided to us, please email the changes to email@example.com